Well here we are in the 21st Century! Isn't it amazing how technology has revolutionized the way we do things? We here at Sowers are constantly trying to use technology to advance the Kingdom of God. I have the entire bible, several translations, concordance & the ability to take notes on my iPhone! I can also make free international long distance calls to anywhere from anywhere that I have a wifi connection. I can remember when my phone bill was $400-500 a month!
Another way we have discovered using available technology is through online giving. We love to cut administration costs so we have more money to spend on evangelism & church planting. Here’s how it works:
Go to our website: www.sower.org (or click on the DONATE picture in the left column)
Click on DONATE, then DONATE again
That takes you to the page in the illustration above. Be sure you see my picture, if you don’t you are at the wrong website. Some have gone to “sowers.org” by accident, they are friends & a great mission, but they are not us. We are sower.org, no “s” on the end of sower. :o)
Fill in the information, under Account Information you click on the drop down menu and choose the account you want to give to.
You can give by credit card or by direct deposit.
Click the MAKE TRANSACTION button and that’s it.
We prefer the direct deposit for the following reasons:
1. It’s cheaper, we are charged for credit card donations
2. It’s safer, the organization we use is ironclad. It is more risky to give out a paper check (with your name, address, phone number & bank information printed on it) than to do it with us online.
3. It’s easier. We don’t have to handle the checks.
4. You can set up automatic future donations.
5. In a few months we will be able to receive your donation by text message!
Bottom line: this is a good thing! Go for it. There’s no reason the church always has to be the last guy on the block to be up to speed on what is going on.
Thank you for your partnership in this mission that God has placed in our hands… it is the greatest mission on Earth!